Sweet Briar Cottage
A cosy hideaway, tucked into the side of the Lerryn Valley, its large garden boasting mature apple and cherry trees overlooking the tidal reaches and bubbling waters of the Lerryn river.
Constructed about 150 years ago from cob and stone, it has been sympathetically restored in 2014 and now provides a warm and enveloping holiday home for our family.
The cottage has 3 bedrooms and a shower room and toilet on each floor. The kitchen/diner is fitted with a bespoke hand built kitchen with all the mod cons and has views across fields and ancient woodland. The cosy living room boasts a large log burner for those wanting to curl up on a couch in front of a real fire.
The garden runs away up the hill in front of the cottage with a mix of mature fruits trees (perfect for tree climbing) and lush green lawns for kicking a football, having a picnic, or simply lying back with a cold beer and enjoying the sunshine.
At dusk, after watching the setting sun reflected in the tidal waters from the perfect spot at the top of the garden, wrap up into a blanket and ponder the star filled sky and cottage lights shimmering across the valley in the darkness.
- Prices from £540
- Lounge complete with log burner, Smart TV, DVD player and Xbox 360
- Fully fitted kitchen complete with wine fridge, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave
- 1 king, 1 double and 1 twin bedroom
- 2 newly fitted shower rooms
- Quality bed linen and towels included. Guests are required to bring their own beach towels
- Complimentary WiFi internet access
- Firewood and kindling for log burner provided
- Private parking for 3 cars
- Baby gate, high chair, baby bath and cot provided
- Solid wood garden seating
- Central heating
- All bills included
- Regret no pets
- Saturday changeover day. Please note changeover day may change during Christmas and New Year period